Monday, April 2, 2012

Let the Think Big Fitness Challenge Begin!

If there is one thing that I'm going to need during the revamp of my exercise regimen, it's support.  I'll need support from my friends, support from my family and even support from the people I surround myself with most during the weekday: my employees, partners and coworkers.  


That's one of the reasons that I started the Think Big Fitness Challenge.  I'm proposing that my company goes above and beyond in the world of fitness during the month of April, not only to support me, but to become advocates of the healthy entrepreneur.


So, from April 1st until April 30th, my family, my employees, my coworkers, my partners and even some of our brave coworking space tenants will be taking part in the Think Big Fitness Challenge.  Some of my employees are even going to participate in Ruckus St. Louis on May 5th with me.


Here's how YOU can get involved, too: 


  • Set your goal for the month: how much will you work out from April 1 until April 30?  Every 20 minutes of exercise equals 1 point.  One hour workout, therefore, equals 3 points.  The Think Big goal range seems to be between 30 and 80 points (here's a hint: my goal is 50 points this month!).
  • Give yourself a handicap if you already work out quite a bit.  For example, Blake Miller, a partner at Think Big Partners, has a -9 point handicap because he is involved with Crossfit.  This will help the workout-aholics challenge themselves, too! 
  • Keep track of your points throughout the month.  Be sure to stay on track (and be sure to eat healthy!).
  • Check back on this Startup Your Fitness blog for tips, tricks and his inside story. 
  • At the end of the month, let us know if you reached your goal by commenting on our blog.  If you did, we will give you a special shout-out and celebrate with you!  

On Friday, I explained to the Think Big team that we were starting a new fitness challenge. 


The Think Big Fitness Challenge has begun!  Our goals have been displayed on the glass of my office--where all of my best ideas are displayed.


Get ready to startup your fitness, entrepreneurs!  


Follow me on Twitter too! @ThinkBigKC

No comments:

Post a Comment